Sometime ago I created a post about using Lync 2010 and Lync 2013 with an OCS 2007 R2 infrastructure. Even do this is not a supported feature a lot of people benefit it from the article as their current environments have not migrated to Lync 2010 or Lync 2013. The questions was asked: Can we use the Lync 2010 or Lync 2011 for Mac client with OCS 2007 R2? After some digging and several cups of coffee here is the quick setup guide
1. Download and install your favorite Plist Editor for MAC. I use PlistEdit Pro
2. Open your home directory and go to : ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost and look for a file the has a name in the following format, MicrosoftLyncRegistrationDB.xxxxxxxxxx.plist
3. You have to replicate the information like on the Windows Registry.
In it, you will need to create an entry for each segment of the reg key path for the DisableServerCheck flag (all lower case). It should look like this:
The value for each of the path segments is “<<MacRegNoValue>>” and type string. For the disableservercheck flag, the type is “Number” and the value is 1.
4. After you finish , Load your Lync:mac 2011 client and put your login information. Make sure to add the user ID in the domainuser format
5. If you follow the instructions you should be able to login to your OCS 2007 R2 environment from your MAC
6. Pick someone and try to chat.
Hope the MAC users that need to connect to their OCS 2007 R2 environments. Drop me a comment if you find this helpful.