While working with my new Exchange 2013 environment. I decided to remove the GUI to reduce the load. And after the reboot I lost my Exchange Management Shell. I can still access the new Exchange Admin Center via the web address https://servername.domain.com/ecp but now I cannot run any scripts via the Exchange Management Shell. Here is a simple way to get your management shell back.
Steps to get your Exchange Management Shell in Windows 2012 Server Core
- Create a PowerShell Profile
- New-Item -ItemType file -path $profile -force
- Edit your profile
- notepad $profile
- Add the following information to your profile as two separated lines, save the file.
- Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.E2010. $env:ExchangeInstallPathbinRemoteExchange.ps1
- Exit your current powershell session and open a new one.
- You should have your Exchange Management Shell up and running.