En nuestra vida, han de llegar momentos en los cuales vamos a encontrarnos con dificultades. En esos momentos difíciles la pregunta es: ¿Qué vamos hacer?
En esos momentos tenemos que tomar una decisión. El famoso entrenador de futbol americano Vince Lombardi le hizo esa pregunta a su equipo. Su equipo llegó a ganar el campeonato de futbol americano. Su equipo pudo entender que no importaba cuántas veces los derribaran ellos tenían que levantarse y seguir jugando y mantener su meta presente.
Como líderes es nuestra labor ayudar al equipo entender que tienen qué hacer en esos momentos difíciles.
¿De qué manera le mostramos a nuestro equipo cómo poder levantarse de nuevo durante los momentos difíciles?
- En los momentos difíciles reconocemos que nos derribaron
- En los momentos difíciles nos levantamos
- En los momentos difíciles mantenemos nuestra mirada en nuestra meta.
It is really interesting how do people go through the usual part of life when faced with vein-popping stress.
Is there room for the intellectual side of people who can actually smell the roses-in-a-can while on the move? It had me thinking that there really must be something in this ‘mind-over-matter’ thing.
Humor is indeed the best medicine there is whenever you are. I mean anyone can pay good money to listen to a comedian just to make you wet your pants after laughing so hard. Despite of what’s been happening, and to those who has gone though the ordeal, it’s better to just laugh while facing the troubles with a clear mind than anger with a clouded vision. One of the funniest celebrities of all time may have to be Woody Allen. Now this is one guy who gives you the in-your-face bluntness that he pulls out with gusto, even without even trying. You can talk just about anything with a man, and he’s bound to mock the subject and you’ll end up laughing rather than being upset about it.
Woody Allen has this to say:
1. “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.” It sounds good to me, I mean the practicality of all things does involve money but it doesn’t have to take an arm and a leg to get it.
2. Right now it’s only a notion, but I think I can get the money to make it into a concept, and later turn it into an idea.
3. “There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?” This happens to be one of the classic ones. I mean the issue about life’s little problems isn’t all that bad, until ‘he’ shows up.
Sure, relationships can get complicated, or does have its complications that probably any author about relationships is bound to discover it soon. We follow what our heart desires, unless you’re talking about the heart as in the heart that pump blood throughout your body.
4. I’m not afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.
5. Seventy percent of success in life is showing up
6. If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.
7. I am not afraid of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens. If it rains, it pours.
8. I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. It could get worse when you’re guzzling on beer… or mouthwash, and it happened to me once!
9. If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans. At least he doesn’t smite us with lightning, and I’m thankful for that.
And despite of what may happen to all of us in the next ten, twenty, or even thirty years, I guess we all have to see things in a different kind of light and not just perspective. I can’t seem to imagine life without any piece of wisdom that could guide us. Whether we’re religious or not, it takes more courage to accept your fears and learn how to deal with them is all that matters when it comes to even just getting along.
And to sum things up, here is the last nugget of wisdom to go by… however, whenever, and wherever we may be.
10. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.”
Until next time. Make it a great day.
You have to dream intentionally. Most people dream a dream when they are asleep. But to reach your goals, you have to dream while you are awake, intentionally. ~Haruki Murakami
Seth Godin (Seth Godin)